perjantai 2. maaliskuuta 2012

Yoga is the fountain of youth. You're only as young as your spine is flexible. -Bob Harper


When the clock hits 6:30 I am up. I've always been a morning person and I think the latest that I've ever slept is 12pm, and that was ummm.. five years ago? Oh well, at least that allows me to see the sunrise which is by the way extremely beautiful here in Florida, like is the sunset too. Above all, I've time to do all kind of things before everybody else wake up, like update my blog or do some yoga. 

 I wasn't ever really interested in doing yoga until I came to the States. During my first year in Virginia, my roommate (kiitos Johanna :>) had a yoga book and I decided to give it a try. All the women's magazines had been embracing it for so long writing how "Yoga gives superpowers." One day while I was studying for my exams, instead of turning to MonsterEnergy or RedBull to get energy, I decided to first try yoga. 

I guess women's magazines don't always lie. Now after a couple of years of yoga I'm hooked. I won't say that I would be addicted to the poses where one leg goes behind your neck, while your hands should be crossed in front you and at the same time you have to grab toes with your pinkies. No, I'm rather addicted to the feeling that you get after the practice.

Last summer I read an article about sungazing and how it increases your energy levels. It is also used as a one form therapy and some of the professional athletes use it to recover faster from jet lag. According to the article, it should be more effective when you do it upside down. If you decide to try it, remember to do it whether in the morning or then in the evening during the sunset, because otherwise instead of the positive effects, you will be blind for the rest of the day and get unwanted sunburn on your face. 


I know, sounds weird and probably looks weird too, but I still encourage you to try it. :)

-Emilia


3 kommenttia:

  1. wau:) haluaisin myös olla noin notkea;)

    t. äiti

    VastaaPoista
  2. eipä muuta kuin vähän harjoitusta, niin sitten olet:)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Joopa, täällä toinen rautakanki ihailee kuvia mykistyneenä :-) T: Elisa-serkku

    VastaaPoista